Thank you for checking out our church! We are located in Highlands, Texas. We are on the outskirts of Houston in the mid-east part of Texas, and we’re near the ocean! Our church has been here over twenty years. Dr. Phillip Morris founded this church and you can learn more about him here.
Our church welcomes you and your family to visit. We believe God desires to restore His people to their full destiny by properly retraining our mind to understand who we are in Christ. We help the community to stand tall as a believer and to take their position in the Army of the Living God! We all have a destiny and purpose and our church helps to accomplish that goal!
We have children’s church, Overcomer’s Class, Prayer, Outreach, Missions, and other avenues in which to use your talents and gifts. We want to strengthen you to become all that God has called you to be!
Learn more about our church:
LIFT UP THE NAME OF JESUS, BUILD UP THE BODY OF CHRIST, GO OUT TO A HURTING WORLD.
We believe God’s most important resource is people, therefore,
WE ARE HERE TO SAVE, DEVELOP, AND/OR RESTORE INDIVIDUALS TO GOD’S PATTERN FOR THEM.
- The Bible is the divinely inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God, our rule of faith and practice. (2 Tim. 3:15-17; 1 Thess. 2:13)
- In one true, eternal God, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, manifested as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Ex. 3:14; Isa. 48:16; Mt. 28:19; Luke 3:22)
- In the Lord Jesus Christ; fully God and fully man; born of a virgin; was sinless; died on a cross; bodily raised from the dead; seated at God’s right hand. (Mt. 1:23; John 5:22; 2 John 3; Heb. 1:1-13)
- All have sinned and are guilty before God; as a result, all are subject to the consequences of the Fall, and those without Christ are under condemnation. (Rom 3:9-10, 23; 5:12; 6:23)
- Jesus Christ: is the atonement for sin; conquered principalities and powers; is man’s only hope of redemption and salvation. (Acts 4:12; Romans 5:8-13; 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-9; Col.2:15)
- In water baptism by immersion, in the name of Jesus. (Mt. 3:15; 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Ro. 6:3-4)
- In openly celebrating the Lord’s Supper. (Mt. 26:28; 1 Cor. 11:23-30)
- In divine healing. (Ps. 103:1-3; Isa. 53:4-5; Mt. 8:16-17; Ja. 5:14-16; 1 Pet. 2:24)
- In the baptism with the Holy Spirit, evidenced by speaking in other tongues. (Acts 1:8; 2:4; 8:12-17; 10:44-46; 11:14-15; 15:7-9)
- In all the manifestations of the Holy Spirit, to profit all. (1 Cor. 12:7-11; 1 Cor. 14)
- We have power and authority to cast out demons by the Name and Blood of Jesus and the baptism with the Holy Spirit. (Lu. 9:1; 10:19; Acts 1:8; Eph. 6:12; Mt. 28:18)
- In the second coming of Christ. (Mt. 24:27; 1 Thess. 4:16-17; Rev. 1:7; 19:11-14; 10:1-6)
- In the resurrection of the body: everlasting blessedness for believers, and everlasting punishment for unbelievers. (Mt. 25:46; Mk. 9:43-48; Rev. 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:8)
Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. – This is for the whole family. We allow our children to stay in the service with us during worship so that they may learn worship at a young age. We have very dedicated children’s church leaders!
Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. – Overcomer’s Class –
This is where you can get real with yourself and become an OVERCOMER! We use the materials from the national organization! All are welcome! More about this group…
Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. – Community Prayer –
This is open for everyone and this is where we pray for all needs representative in our body, personal needs, and the nation as a whole. Our ministry understands the battle of the spirit so we believe in prayer in order to overcome!
Deliverance Night – 3rd Friday of every month at 7:00 p.m .
This is open to the public. We teach on spiritual warfare and minister personally to the community.
Outreach Night – 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month at 10:00 a.m.
This ministry spends time in prayer and instruction. Following they go to the streets and minister to the community. This is led by God so it’s not in a particular pattern.
National Prayer Night – 2nd Friday night of the month at 7:00 p.m.
This is where the community gathers to pray for the nation.