Pastor and Elder
About John Shipley:
Given up for adoption as an infant, I lived my life feeling like I had something wrong with me. I felt as though I never fit in. Difficult times growing up and in adult life increased the deep feelings of rejection, and because of this, I grew up having a very disturbed view of God. I came to Restoration Church at the start of a 20+ month revival and God began to show His love to me.
I received a lot of healing from rejection, anger, and depression. In the process of rebuilding our spiritual lives, the Lord reminded me of my calling which I received at seven years old. This healing process has empowered me to step into my calling and destiny.
My wife Angela and I have been married for 35 years and have 4 kids that range in age 24-34. Being in the work force and juggling the responsibilities of children, jobs, and all that life throws at us can be overwhelming at times. We understand those things and we love the opportunities the Lord has given us here at Restoration Church to encourage and support those in need.
Our heartfelt desire is to see people come to the Lord, be healed and restored by Him, and then grow up in Him and go out to be witnesses for Him. We would love the opportunity to help you find your place in the family of believers here at Restoration Church.
We can’t explain what a servant’s heart John has without listing all the ways he serves our church body:
My responsibilities at Restoration Church include:
- I assist our pastor by working with our deacons and other volunteers to oversee building repair/maintenance projects around the church and selected outside service projects in the church community.
- I oversee the Wednesday night prayer meetings which deal with personal needs/petitions and our 2nd and 4th Friday night Praise and Prayer service for community and national revival.
- I assist Pastor in regular services by opening the services, and in pulpit support when the need arises. My wife Angela and I are also honored to be a part of the prayer team that ministers at altar call.
Other areas I participate in ministry have been:
- Teaching our new members class.
- I have facilitated two different bible studies: the “Love and Respect” marriage class; and the “Follow Me” bible studies.
- I oversee Monthly Outreach on the 3rd Saturday of every month.
- Train, Pray, Activate
- Power Evangelism. Training for personal outreach. Hit the streets.